Firefighters rescue SNAKES from BURNING FLAMES!!!

/ by

Sound familiar?!

Over the weekend, firefighters in Conroe, Texas saved over 100 snakes and lizards from a burning home!! Faulty Christmas lights were the culprit!

CNN reports:

The reptiles — which, according to CNN affiliate KTRK included several five- to six-foot-long pythons and boa constrictors — were in glass cases but still needed to be carried outside the house. With the help of the home’s owners, fire crews ferried the snakes to safety…

“Things firefighters have to deal with even if you don’t want to!!” said Caney Creek Fire and Rescue in a post on Facebook.

The house endured severe damage and the family lost a lot of property, but they are happy the firefighters were able to rescue their pets, Flannelly told CNN.

“The homeowner wasn’t willing to give a lot of information on why they had so many snakes. In fact, they told us the snakes don’t like people in uniform,” Flannelly added. “But as firefighters, we will do anything to help anybody.”

via Boing Boing

Products from

  • Helen Gircko

    I never get tired of repeating that life repeats art. With the exception of lizards, of course …
    Firemen twice heroes in this case. I’m not afraid of snakes, but now I will be wary of Christmas lights. Thanks for the info, Pee-wee! That’s cool!

  • lovely blog